Ring in the fall produce with a moist, perfectly sweet apple cake to share with friends and family.
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons ghee or coconut oil
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot flour
- pinch of celtic sea salt
- 1/2 cup sprouted brown rice flour
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup nut milk
- 1 1/2 cups diced apple, my favorite is honeycrisp
Preheat oven to 350F. Whisk together coconut sugar, ghee or coconut oil, vanilla extract, and eggs until smooth and pale.
Stir baking powder, arrowroot flour, salt, sprouted brown rice flour, almond flour, and cinnamon into the wet ingredients. Add nut milk, and fold in the diced apples.
Grease and dust a baking pan. Bake for 40 minutes.