It was 70°F in Boston this past weekend, salad weather in my estimation. Winter ought to bring about more grounding, heavier foods that are cooked. But crisp romaine, edamame, and oranges are quite refreshing though at the right temperature. This recipe makes 1 large salad, but can easily be doubled and so on.
- 6 dried apricots, unsulfured if possible
- 1 tablespoon toasted sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon toasted pepitas
- 1/3 cup edamame
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 2 tablespoons orange juice, freshly squeezed if possible
- 1 tablespoon EVOO or avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons coconut or apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
Chop romaine lettuce, add to a bowl with arugula and toss to combine.
Chop dried apricots, toss with lettuce along with edamame, sunflower seeds, and pepitas.
Juice the orange right into the bowl. Drizzle in oil and vinegar of choice, toss to combine. Best served chilled.